Taken from: http://www.spiceupthecurry.com/date-milkshake-recipe/
Dates milkshake is a healthy sweet shake recipe made using dates called as ‘khajoor’ in urdu and is a very healthy date milkshake recipe combined with milk and dates. Dates are quite commonly seen in gulf countries and we usually get to see trees of date plam all around in the middle eastern countries and it can also be said as their staple food.
PREP TIME 10 mins | COOK TIME 5 mins | TOTAL TIME 15 mins
- 7-8 dates
- 2 tbsp sugar/as required
- 1½ glass of boiled and chilled milk
- some ice cubes
- Firstly, wash the dates and remove their seeds from inside.
- Take a blender or juice blender, into it add seedless dates, sugar and 4-5 tbsp of milk.
- Blend this mixture well for few minutes.
- Now add the rest of the milk, ice cubes and blend all the ingredients together for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the milkshake and pour the shake into the glass.
- Serve chilled!!!
1.In this recipe I have added sugar but, inorder to make the drink even more healthier it is better to skip adding sugar.
2.Instead of sugar one can also add a tsp of honey into the milkshake while blending.
3.To make this milkshake even more rich one can even add soaked almond paste while blending the shake.