If you're seeking a dish that's as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate, you've landed in the right place. Today, we're whisking you away on a culinary journey to the tropics with a dish that encapsulates the vibrant hues and refreshing flavors of summer: the Tropical Mango Salad.
Now, let's talk a bit about this salad. It isn't just any regular salad; it's a symphony of flavors and textures that harmonize beautifully in every bite. Imagine the sweetness and slight tanginess of a semi-ripe mango, the crunch of fresh veggies like red pepper, red onion, carrot, and cucumber, and the zest of a homemade orange dressing. Sound tantalizing? That's because it is! But wait until you try it.
Moreover, this salad is more than just a delicious, light dish. It's a powerhouse of nutrition, brimming with essential vitamins and minerals from all the fresh ingredients. Additionally, mangoes, the star ingredient, are packed with vitamins A and C, which are vital for maintaining a healthy immune system. Moreover, red peppers and carrots are excellent sources of antioxidants that fight against harmful free radicals in the body. Secondly, cucumbers, with their high water content, are great for staying hydrated, especially during the hot summer months. Lastly, our homemade dressing, with fresh orange juice as the base, adds another boost of vitamin C, not to mention a zingy flavor that ties the entire salad together.
So, without further ado, let's dive into the details of this enticing Tropical Mango Salad recipe!
For the salad:
- 1 semi-ripe mango
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- Half cucumber
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon Palestinian olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Start by preparing your vegetables. Cut the semi-ripe mango, red pepper, red onion, carrot, and half cucumber into thin strips. Using a semi-ripe mango ensures the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess without being overly soft.
- In a large bowl, combine all the sliced veggies. The beautiful colors of the red pepper, red onion, carrot, and cucumber, combined with the vibrant mango, make this salad a visual feast.
- Now it's time to make our tangy and sweet dressing. In a separate bowl, mix together the freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs. Stir until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Drizzle the dressing over the thinly sliced veggies and toss until every piece is well coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy this delightful burst of tropical flavors!
The Tropical Mango Salad isn't just pleasing to the palate; it's a powerhouse of nutrients as well. Mangoes are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, while red peppers and carrots provide a good dose of antioxidants. The cucumbers add a hydrating element, and the orange juice dressing is a great way to incorporate vitamin C into your diet.
- Choice of Ingredients. Use ingredients that are in season and fresh (for best taste). Instead, Opt for organic fruits whenever possible to avoid pesticides. Wash your produce very well, preferably using a homemade vinegar bath.
- Ripeness. Use fresh, ripe and sweet tasting ingredients only. Do not use under-ripe fruits as they can wreak havoc on your gut.
- When to eat? Mango Salad should ideally not be eaten after a meal. Moreover, it is always better to have fruit at least 30 minutes to an hour before the meal.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turned out. Moreover, If you love salads as much as we do, stay tuned for more healthy and delicious recipes!
Visit our website for delicious recipes just like. Also, check out our Palestinian products from Palestinian Medjool Dates to Olive Oil to Black Seed Oil, we have all your essentials.